Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Cartoon Logos - Less Is More

Want your cartoons to be meaningful and precise? Then keep the artwork simple. Don't be afraid to let your readers' minds fill in the blanks. The human mind works wonderfully that way.

Here's a segment from one of my cartoons. I avoided fancy centerpieces like candles or flowers on the table because it could misdirect readers' attention away from the intended target. I even debated drawing only wine glasses on the table, but that looked too barren. So I included a wine bottle, which is artistic yet simple.

Now then, how many of you noticed the couple are seated with no chairs under them? Need I say more?

To see what this couple is surprised about, and to see more of my work, follow this link to my Creative Quickies Facebook page. Don't forget to "Like" it while you are there so that you get to see new cartoons as I add them.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Creative-Quickies/202915673091532

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your interest and for taking the time to comment.